The City of Edgewood has an Interlocal Agreement with the Orange County Building Safety Division. On our behalf, Orange County issues permits and performs all inspections; however, the permitting begins in Edgewood as follows:
- Orange County does not permit residential fencing, slabs without enclosure and driveways; these are permitted only through the City of Edgewood.
- Use Orange County’s applications for permitting, except for the items listed in number 1 above; use the City of Edgewood’s application.
- The City of Edgewood has to apply their zoning stamp of approval for all permit applications taken to Orange County.
- There is no fee assessed by the City of Edgewood for permitting unless a review is required by the City’s consulting engineer, planner and/or attorney. Items requiring a review would be any construction changing the current footprint of a building/residential dwelling, new construction, swimming pools, boat docks/piers, any construction or installation that staff questions construction on or near a body of water, height, setbacks or conformity with the lot (not an inclusive list). The fee is $50.00 per consultant; generally only one consultant review is required.
- All permit applications should be accompanied with a copy of the contractor’s current license, business tax receipt, general liability insurance and worker’s compensation insurance or exemption. These items can be faxed in advance of the permit application to (407) 851-7361. These documents are maintained in a file and do not need to be sent with each application unless you are sending updated information.
- Permit applications and all accompanying documents can be emailed to City Hall to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any applications with large sets of plans will have to be delivered to City Hall.
- If a review fee is required, please note that the City of Edgewood only accepts cash or check.
- Some construction /and or land use requests require a pass-through fee pursuant to Ordinance 2013-01. Staff will explain further, if applicable http://www.edgewood-fl.gov/building_and_construction_permit_applications.php#
The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.
Documents sorted by HEADER in Ascending Order within category