Vacation Residence Check Request Form
The Edgewood Police Department is happy to conduct Vacation Residence Checks for our citizens. The program is intended to provide residents some extra peace of mind while away from home for short periods of time. We request you plan ahead when you make your request. Requests received outside of regular office hours (M-F 8-4) will be handled the next business day. Please review these guidelines before submitting your request:
- Requests up to 10 days, every effort will be made to check your home daily by one of the officers on duty.
- If your request is for 11 – 20 days, we will continue to make a check of your home, but it may not be daily.
- Requests 21 days or longer will not be accepted.
- If anyone will have access to the inside of your home (pet sitter, a relative staying for part of the time, etc.) we will not be able to accept your request.
- If anyone will be working on-site, with the exception of pest control and lawn/pool maintenance we will not be able to accept your request.
- Homes that are for sale or not being lived in are not eligible.
Please complete the form and submit.